Old 25-01-2004, 06:12 PM
glyn powell

Default i need mini and maxi veg plants not seeds!

hi all
i am a gardener without a greenhouse and my wife pulls her hair out with
seedtrays on window sills where can i purchases veg mini and maxi plants. I
NEED YOUR HELP!

Old 25-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Martin Sykes

Our local garden center usually sells veg in pots in spring - tomatoes,
beans, cucumbers, marrows etc.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 25-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Martin Sykes

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
Our local garden center usually sells veg in pots in spring - tomatoes,
beans, cucumbers, marrows etc.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

"glyn powell" wrote in message
hi all
i am a gardener without a greenhouse and my wife pulls her hair out with
seedtrays on window sills where can i purchases veg mini and maxi

plants.
NEED YOUR HELP!

Alternatively, bury your wife in the veg plot. The nutrients will do wonders
for your home-sown veg. ;-)

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 25-01-2004, 11:07 PM
shazzbat

"glyn powell" wrote in message
hi all
i am a gardener without a greenhouse and my wife pulls her hair out with
seedtrays on window sills where can i purchases veg mini and maxi plants.

NEED YOUR HELP!

Car boot sale stalls will be full of trays of seedlings in a few weeks.
Mind you don't plant them out too early and get caught out by frost.

Steve.

Old 25-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by glyn powell
hi all
i am a gardener without a greenhouse and my wife pulls her hair out with
seedtrays on window sills where can i purchases veg mini and maxi plants. I
NEED YOUR HELP!
i buy all my veggie pot ready plants from dobbies. i hope this will be of help to you.

website www.dobies.co.uk

fred

Old 26-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Victoria Clare

"shazzbat" wrote in
:

"glyn powell" wrote in message
hi all
i am a gardener without a greenhouse and my wife pulls her hair out
with seedtrays on window sills where can i purchases veg mini and
maxi plants.

NEED YOUR HELP!

Car boot sale stalls will be full of trays of seedlings in a few
weeks. Mind you don't plant them out too early and get caught out by
frost.

But doesn't that still present the problem that OP will have to keep them
indoors for some time before planting out? You rarely see full-size plants
for sale ready to go straight into the garden. (or I don't : maybe I am
looking in the wrong places?)

I think if Glyn cannot get a greenhouse, he should look into improvising
some cold-frames.

Or maybe agree that one or two less visible windowsills only can be used
for seedlings, and set up some sort of temporary rack arrangement that will
allow max seedtrays in min. space?

Personally, I trained my husband. He actually got vaguely interested after
a while and at intervals December - Feb starts to ask 'is it seed-time
again soon?'.

I wouldn't rely on him to do the watering though!

Victoria