Old 02-02-2004, 11:33 PM
shazzbat

Default theiving scrotes

This is not correct, there never were any signs, it was a lit road in a
built up area and as such has an automatic 30 limit, I was caught many
years ago for the same thing, it appears to be a little known fact

It should be a well known fact. I had this question on my driving test in
1975.

Steve

Old 17-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Donald L Ferrt

"shazzbat" wrote in message ...
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Sacha
writes

Hmmmm. I wonder if all those aggrieved by such behaviour, including
householders be they dustmen or Dukes, could band together and sue the
government, the EU, the whoever, for loss of peace of mind, damage to
personal property, harassment through lack of proper police protection

etc.
Just a thought.

The way we learned Government and law it was considered to be a
'contract ' between the people and Government, you give up the right to
beat the living daylights out of anyone that you might take a dislike
to, and in return the government/law then promises to protect you from
transgressors instead.
So. By my reckoning, if they are failing to do so, surely the contract
is null and void and we can go back to having 'outlaws' where anything
goes ?

Consider the old wild west. (not that I was there or anything). You would
find that the bad guys in the black hats would terrorise the town, ignoring
or even killing the sheriff and doing just what they liked. Until it reached
a point where the townsfolk couldn't stand it anymore and banded together to
"take out" the baddies, although that may have not been strictly within the
law. It seems to me that there's going to be a backlash at some point.

Although not just over my fork and spade you understand.

Steve

Try again! The Old Wild West was very boring:

http://www.mises.org/fullstory.asp?control=1449