Old 05-02-2004, 06:48 PM
David Hill

Default Jungle seeds

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?
Have tried to view their web site www.jungleseeds.co.uk
but all I get is a shoe company

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 05-02-2004, 08:06 PM
martin

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:36:16 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?
Have tried to view their web site www.jungleseeds.co.uk
but all I get is a shoe company

It works o.k. for me David. No sign of any shoes, just plants.
--
Martin
Old 05-02-2004, 08:12 PM
VivienB

wrote:

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?
Have tried to view their web site www.jungleseeds.co.uk
but all I get is a shoe company

I clicked on the link, went straight through - 'Welcome to our
Tropical Seed Site'. Sorry, much as I love tropical plants, can't grow
them, so no dealings with the firm.

Regards, VivienB
Old 05-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Kay Easton

In article , David Hill david@abacusn
urseries.freeserve.co.uk writes
Has anyone had any dealings with this company?
Have tried to view their web site www.jungleseeds.co.uk
but all I get is a shoe company

I can get it OK.

Try this instead:

http://www.jungleseeds.co.uk/SeedOrders/enter.html
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 05-02-2004, 10:02 PM
David Hill

Must be the gremlins yet again.......I tried jungle seeds with a link from
google and all I got was a shoe company. this several times over a couple of
hours, then when I clicked on the link on this group in my message it worked
fine first time....

Looking through their seeds, I realise I lost a fortune.
I was sent around 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of cotton seed in 5 varieties 3 years ago,
must have been a couple of thousand seed, I see Jungle is charging £3.00 for
10 seeds.......Ouch!

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 05-02-2004, 10:04 PM
martin

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:57:33 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

Must be the gremlins yet again.......I tried jungle seeds with a link from
google and all I got was a shoe company. this several times over a couple of
hours, then when I clicked on the link on this group in my message it worked
fine first time....

Looking through their seeds, I realise I lost a fortune.
I was sent around 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of cotton seed in 5 varieties 3 years ago,
must have been a couple of thousand seed, I see Jungle is charging £3.00 for
10 seeds.......Ouch!

and a free pair of Clarke's shoes with every one.
--
Martin
Old 06-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , David Hill david@abacusn
urseries.freeserve.co.uk writes

Looking through their seeds, I realise I lost a fortune.
I was sent around 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of cotton seed in 5 varieties 3 years ago,
must have been a couple of thousand seed, I see Jungle is charging £3.00 for
10 seeds.......Ouch!

One of the big shed DIY places had some "special collection" seeds from
one of the major seed companies earlier this year - including 10
Gossypium herbaceum for £3.00 (for use as a house plant). Given the
presumed availablility of vast quantities of commercial cotton seed, I
assume that the profit margin on that line is vast.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley