Old 05-02-2004, 10:04 PM
ruth todd

Default mantis tiller

I'm thinking of buying a Mantis Tiller to make gardening a little easier,
has anyone got one of these? I would be very grateful for any comments good
or bad, that you could pass on to me.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ruth

Old 06-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Emrys Davies

'Ruth',

I don't really know anything about them, but hopefully these sites will
enlighten you considerably as to their worthiness.

http://www.northwestpowertools.com/l...lers/7222e.htm

http://www.epinions.com/content_100909616772

http://www.asktooltalk.com/home/revi...tis-tiller.htm

http://www.1-home-improvement.com/ti...ZD-review.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies

Old 06-02-2004, 03:48 PM
jane

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:55:58 -0000, " Emrys Davies"
wrote:

~'Ruth',
~
~I don't really know anything about them, but hopefully these sites will
~enlighten you considerably as to their worthiness.
~
~http://www.northwestpowertools.com/l...lers/7222e.htm
~
~http://www.epinions.com/content_100909616772
~
~http://www.asktooltalk.com/home/revi...tis-tiller.htm
~
~http://www.1-home-improvement.com/ti...ZD-review.html
~
~Regards,
~Emrys Davies

Thanks for the reviews - made interesting reading!

~"ruth todd" wrote in message
~ I'm thinking of buying a Mantis Tiller to make gardening a little
~easier,
~ has anyone got one of these? I would be very grateful for any comments
~good
~ or bad, that you could pass on to me.
~
~ Thanks in anticipation.
~
~ Ruth
~

I've been tempted with these since I popped a back disc digging,
almost a year ago, but so far haven't raised the cash. However, these
folk seem to be one of the cheapest suppliers.

http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/...LTIVATOR_.html

I have bindweed in the allotment which I have to admit is the other
thing that puts me off - or I'll have tons of it everywhere.

IF I ever get rid of all the bindweed and couch, maybe I'll succumb!

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 07-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Jeanne Stockdale

"ruth todd" wrote in message
I'm thinking of buying a Mantis Tiller to make gardening a little

easier,
has anyone got one of these? I would be very grateful for any comments

good
or bad, that you could pass on to me.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ruth

It really depends what you want to use it for. I have one for the veg plot
and it is fine for breaking up soil and preparing for seeds/seedlings.
However it doesn't work as well on new ground which has been grassed. The
grass gets wrapped round the blades and is a pain to get it off. I also
have a larger rotovator (too big for me to handle) but a friend rotavated a
new section (previously grassed) with it. A couple of months later I went
over it again with the mantis when all the weeds were coming up and I had no
problems at all.

There are a number of attachments. I am tempted by the one which is
supposed to create a furrow and earth up potatoes - but not entirely
convinced. There is also I believe an attachment to enable you to go round
plants to weed. Not convinced by this one though - not sure you can maintain
the control of it to avoid chopping through your plants.

Jeanne Stockdale

Mantis Tiller ruth todd Gardening 12 08-02-2004 06:22 PM
Mantis tiller Bruce Yates Edible Gardening 31 24-05-2003 03:56 PM
I chose Mantis tiller--here's why Siouxzi North Carolina 1 22-04-2003 11:08 PM
Mantis tiller experience? Ed United Kingdom 2 09-02-2003 11:13 PM
Mantis tiller/cultivator Doreen Taylor United Kingdom 3 30-01-2003 07:36 PM