Old 09-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Phil & Diane Martin

Default bleeding heart

Hi
Can you help I have two bleeding hearts in my garden they have stating to
shoot through the ground should I cover them from the frost we live in the
south
Thanks
Diane Phil

Old 09-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Emrys Davies

Just had a look at mine. They are also showing so I have covered them
with a sprinkling of soil and after that they will just have to brave
the weather. I may dig up and part the odd clump.

Live in The Midlands.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 09-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Rodger Whitlock

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 08:43:55 GMT, Phil & Diane Martin wrote:

Can you help I have two bleeding hearts in my garden they have stating to
shoot through the ground should I cover them from the frost we live in the
south

Your bleeding hearts "know" perfectly well what they are doing by
starting to shoot at this time of year. Don't worry about them,
don't try to coddle or protect them.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Old 10-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Spider

Hi Phil and Diane,
My Bleeding Hearts (Dicentra spectabilis) are showing now. I live in S.E.
London and garden an heavy London Clay. I have never protected mine, and
I've had no problems. They seem to be fully hardy.
Spider

Old 15-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Lee and Kath

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:11:28 -0000, "Spider" wrote:

Hi Phil and Diane,
My Bleeding Hearts (Dicentra spectabilis) are showing now. I live in S.E.
London and garden an heavy London Clay. I have never protected mine, and
I've had no problems. They seem to be fully hardy.
Spider
Phil & Diane Martin wrote in message
Hi
Can you help I have two bleeding hearts in my garden they have stating to
shoot through the ground should I cover them from the frost we live in the
south
Thanks
Diane Phil

I live in South East Yorks and I have never protected mine. They seem to be quite hardy, even those
years we have had severe frost, it hasn't killed them and we've always had flowers.

Kath

Old 15-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Lee and Kath

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:11:28 -0000, "Spider" wrote:

Hi Phil and Diane,
My Bleeding Hearts (Dicentra spectabilis) are showing now. I live in S.E.
London and garden an heavy London Clay. I have never protected mine, and
I've had no problems. They seem to be fully hardy.
Spider
Phil & Diane Martin wrote in message
Hi
Can you help I have two bleeding hearts in my garden they have stating to
shoot through the ground should I cover them from the frost we live in the
south
Thanks
Diane Phil

I live in South East Yorks and I have never protected mine. They seem to be quite hardy, even those
years we have had severe frost, it hasn't killed them and we've always had flowers.

Kath

Is this Bleeding Heart? Martin Sykes United Kingdom 17 12-09-2003 11:42 AM
Moving a bleeding heart LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Gardening 6 06-08-2003 02:32 AM
Bleeding Heart question Adrian Lundgren Gardening 5 22-07-2003 06:22 AM
Bleeding Heart The Olsons Gardening 1 28-05-2003 02:32 AM
? Trumpet vine and Bleeding Heart & starting early - TakeThisOut Gardening 1 23-02-2003 04:39 PM