Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Danny

Default Seeds or young plants required: Artemisia Absinthium (aka Wormwood).

Anyone know where I can buy Artemisia Absinthium (aka Wormwood) either
seeds or young plants in or around the Glasgow area? I would also be
interested in mail order but would prefer a garden centre/nursery in the
above area.

Whilst I have little interest in engaging in discussion over the merits or
demerits of growing this plant, (primarily because I've had a belly full
from my gardening buddies, next door, my wife and the local priest.)
I am aware of Absinthe's (the drink which contains Thujone contained in
Absinthe) notorious reputation. Suffice it to say that I had the
opportunity to observe one of the very few cases of Absinth Syndrome in
France in the summer of 1995. So to my mind there is no need to go down
that road on my account.

Thankyou

Danny.