Old 17-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Ramon A

Default cleaning block paving

I have a fairly extensive area of block paving as a front drive, etc but it
is on the north side of the house so it has a tendency to remain wet and
dank, and suffers from moss along the cracks and algie+grime on the surface.

I scratch off the moss with a blunt tool quite effectively but cleaning the
algie+grime is more problematic.

I have a pressure washer which will clean the algie+grime but it also brings
out the SAND.

any suggestions please for an effective treatment to kill and disolve the
algie+grime stains so that i can then wash off with lower water pressure??

thanks Ramon A

Old 17-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Ramon A wrote:
I have a fairly extensive area of block paving as a front drive, etc but it
is on the north side of the house so it has a tendency to remain wet and
dank, and suffers from moss along the cracks and algie+grime on the surface.

I scratch off the moss with a blunt tool quite effectively but cleaning the
algie+grime is more problematic.

I have a pressure washer which will clean the algie+grime but it also brings
out the SAND.

any suggestions please for an effective treatment to kill and disolve the
algie+grime stains so that i can then wash off with lower water pressure??

Use a handful of sharp sand, some water with detergent in it and a
stiff broom. That is very effective, and you can then wash off the
sludge with just a hosepipe - or even a bucket in a hosepipe ban
area. A person in reasonable health will take only a minute or few
per square metre, depending on how bad the growth is.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 18-02-2004, 04:41 AM
Amos E Wolfe

any suggestions please for an effective treatment to kill and disolve the
algie+grime stains so that i can then wash off with lower water

pressure??

Jeyes Fluid, from your local hardware or DIY store is good for both. It also
does exactly what it says on the tin. Always read the label.

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-

Old 18-02-2004, 04:44 AM
Amos E Wolfe

any suggestions please for an effective treatment to kill and disolve the
algie+grime stains so that i can then wash off with lower water

pressure??

Jeyes Fluid, from your local hardware or DIY store is good for both. It also
does exactly what it says on the tin. Always read the label.

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-

pathmate paving stone concrete mold Cory Lechner Lawns 4 13-06-2011 12:05 PM
Wood block paving Tim W United Kingdom 8 25-05-2005 10:06 PM
decking, paving, block or concrete? mentalguy2004 United Kingdom 5 23-03-2005 12:01 PM
* FREE * Classified Ads for Vacuums ,Carpet Cleaning equipment, and Carpet Cleaning Vans and Vehicles Classifieds Webmaster Lawns 1 19-08-2004 12:43 PM
Block Paving cleaner stefos United Kingdom 6 22-05-2004 11:45 AM