Old 26-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Rod

Default Verticillium lecanii ?

Any experience of this in the group? For anybody else interested in
bio controls for aphids in greenhouses, this is a fungus that attacks
and kills aphids, thrips, whitefly and some other pests. There are
apparently several strains which are more effective against particular
hosts.
Seems a bit o/t for this group but I know we have some commercial
growers here so I though it might be worth a try.
Reason for the interest? I saw something unfamiliar today on an aphid
infested Cineraria which looked as though it could be aphids being
attacked by this or a similar fungus. No'fluffy bodies' as described
in the literature, but very dead looking aphids in an area under the
leaf that was covered with fine white threads (no-there is no RSM
present, I'm pretty sure about that).No one has ever introduced these
fungi to the greenhouses here though it's possible they could have
been brought in on commercially grown pot plants.
I can't find any convincing images on the WWW.
Rod

[IBC] Verticillium Wilt Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 7 14-02-2004 04:43 PM
Verticillium Wilt les ellaby Bonsai 3 11-02-2004 11:32 PM
[IBC] Verticillium (Maple advice) Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 0 06-05-2003 02:44 PM