Old 29-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Enviromower Battery Rechargeable Lawnmower.

The message
from martin contains these words:

Whilst walking on the beach on this side of the North Sea this
afternoon, I found that the recent storm had washed up a thing like a
lobster pot, but without a bottom. I don't think it had ever had a
bottom, as it was in good nick.
Since the nearest place where there are lobsters is probably France or
UK, I don't think it was a lobster pot. What else could it have been.
some sort of trap?

Did it have a tunnel entry? Or any entry?

If not, could it have been a bird or a cat cage?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 01-03-2004, 12:04 PM
martin

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:39:06 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

Whilst walking on the beach on this side of the North Sea this
afternoon, I found that the recent storm had washed up a thing like a
lobster pot, but without a bottom. I don't think it had ever had a
bottom, as it was in good nick.
Since the nearest place where there are lobsters is probably France or
UK, I don't think it was a lobster pot. What else could it have been.
some sort of trap?

Did it have a tunnel entry? Or any entry?

yes a black plastic inverted truncated cone. The rest appeared to be
made of bent willow(?) and nylon rope. it looked exactly like a
lobster pot other than that it had no base.

If not, could it have been a bird or a cat cage?

--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad