Old 26-02-2004, 08:55 PM
shane

Default Enviromower Battery Rechargeable Lawnmower.

The New Battery rechargeable lawnmower from www.enviromower.com.au
will be avialable for the first time in UK at the rhs Chelsea Flower &
garden show , it has a trimmer / edger acessory avialable too , also
Great cordless recharge able garden products , No Petrol, No Oil , No
tune up No Servicing , goes every time just push the button and go ,
have a look at www.enviromower.com.au or get one at the chelsea show
24 may to 28th may Best Regards Shane Williams Director Enviromower
Pty Ltd
Old 27-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Edwin Spector

Sorry, but I can't let that go. What is "environmentally-friendly" about a
rechargable appliance? Just generate the pollution at the leccy generating
station instead of in the garden. There's also the EXTRA energy wastage from the
inefficiency of charging and discharging batteries.

More like a marketing gimmic, but you probably know that.

Edwin
Bath.
--------

Old 27-02-2004, 11:20 PM
martin

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:52:38 -0000, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

"Edwin Spector" wrote in message
Sorry, but I can't let that go. What is "environmentally-friendly"

about a
rechargable appliance? Just generate the pollution at the leccy

generating
station instead of in the garden. There's also the EXTRA energy

wastage from the
inefficiency of charging and discharging batteries.

More like a marketing gimmic, but you probably know that.

Edwin
Bath.
--------

Not to mentioned making a lawnmower in Australia and then shipping it
half way round the world.

It's probably made by slave labour in some impoverished third world
country first, shipped to Oz and then shipped to UK.
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Old 27-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Neil Jones

wrote:

"Edwin Spector" wrote in message
Sorry, but I can't let that go. What is "environmentally-friendly"

about a
rechargable appliance? Just generate the pollution at the leccy

generating
station instead of in the garden. There's also the EXTRA energy

wastage from the
inefficiency of charging and discharging batteries.

More like a marketing gimmic, but you probably know that.

Edwin
Bath.
--------

Not to mentioned making a lawnmower in Australia and then shipping it
half way round the world.

It's probably made by slave labour in some impoverished third world
country first, shipped to Oz and then shipped to UK.
--

Quite.

I was lead to believe that the best envionmentally friendly lawn mower
is a goat.

Neil

Old 27-02-2004, 11:20 PM
martin

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:05:23 -0000, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

Not to mentioned making a lawnmower in Australia and then shipping it
half way round the world.

It's probably made by slave labour in some impoverished third world
country first, shipped to Oz and then shipped to UK.

Quite.

I was lead to believe that the best envionmentally friendly lawn mower
is a goat.

Sheep do a good job too.

Old 28-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Neil Jones" contains these words:

I was lead to believe that the best envionmentally friendly lawn mower
is a goat.

Sheep, perhaps. Goats browse, sheep graze.

Wabbits is wonderful, cavies is cool, but you need a wire bottom to the run.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 29-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

Whilst walking on the beach on this side of the North Sea this
afternoon, I found that the recent storm had washed up a thing like a
lobster pot, but without a bottom. I don't think it had ever had a
bottom, as it was in good nick.
Since the nearest place where there are lobsters is probably France or
UK, I don't think it was a lobster pot. What else could it have been.
some sort of trap?

Did it have a tunnel entry? Or any entry?

If not, could it have been a bird or a cat cage?