Old 27-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Roger

Default Wire fence

Hi
Has anyone used B&Q plastic coated garden fencing?
Its a square wire netting covered in plastic, they say you don't need
straining wires with it.
If I used 3ft high netting with 6ft angle iron posts hammered in 3ft could I
get away with not cementing them in?
How far apart should the posts be?

Thanks
Roger

Old 27-02-2004, 12:48 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , Roger
writes
Hi
Has anyone used B&Q plastic coated garden fencing?

no, but I've used a similar sounding product - if this is a welded mesh
type fence.

Its a square wire netting covered in plastic, they say you don't need
straining wires with it.

It is reasonably sturdy, though of course if you lean and push against
it will bend.

If I used 3ft high netting with 6ft angle iron posts hammered in 3ft could I
get away with not cementing them in?

I would guess so. hard to get them really nice and straight though.

How far apart should the posts be?

I probably used about 5-6 foots, it was ok, though only a short length.

--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

Old 27-02-2004, 07:16 AM
Mike

I would guess so. hard to get them really nice and straight though.

I am in the process of replacing a broken down panel fence with plastic
covered wire mesh and bushes. I 'hope' to get a straight line by having two
lines stretched through, one near the top of the posts, i.e. where the holes
are, and one near the bottom and drive the angle iron posts in according to
the uprightness (?) and the depth. 'Then' thread the wires through the holes
and fix the mesh. If the original strings are straight, in theory the wire
mesh should be. Distance of about 50 feet. The straight edge strings are a
nylon cord used in the electronics industry for loom making and cannot be
broken.

Mike

--
H.M.S.Andromeda Association Reunion Coventry Feb 27th - 29th
Federation of Naval Associations Reunion Hayling Island March 5th - 8th.

wire for split rail fence Dave Lawns 9 09-03-2004 04:13 AM
wire for split rail fence Dave Lawns 1 05-03-2004 04:28 AM
Wire fence Roger United Kingdom 0 27-02-2004 12:19 AM
AD: Fence/ Trellis repair and maintenance made simple - Jake's Wire Tighteners C&C Fencing Supply Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
AD: Fence and trellis repair, maintenance made easy with Jake's Wire Tighteners C&C Fencing Supply Texas 0 04-04-2003 08:44 PM