Old 03-03-2004, 11:39 PM
John

Default Wheelbarrow full of colour?

My wheelbarrow has finally been retired, but I'd like to give it
one more season of usefullness by filling it with a mass of
bright colour.

Allowing for the fact that the plants to be used must be
reasonably short - maximum a foot high - and NO dark
colours as the the barrow is to be placed in a site of
honour in my "Med" garden, which varieties of plants
would you all advise?

Ta muchly.
=======================================
Old 03-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Robert

:
: Allowing for the fact that the plants to be used must be
: reasonably short - maximum a foot high - and NO dark
: colours as the the barrow is to be placed in a site of
: honour in my "Med" garden, which varieties of plants
: would you all advise?
:
: Ta muchly.
: =======================================

After the summer I'd fill it with masses of dwarf daffodils and crocus

Robert South West England
Norton says I am virus free

Old 05-03-2004, 08:36 AM
JennyC

"John" wrote in message
My wheelbarrow has finally been retired, but I'd like to give it
one more season of usefullness by filling it with a mass of
bright colour.

Allowing for the fact that the plants to be used must be
reasonably short - maximum a foot high - and NO dark
colours as the the barrow is to be placed in a site of
honour in my "Med" garden, which varieties of plants
would you all advise?

Ta muchly.

Anything silver coloured like lavender or helichrysum, combined with coloured
flowers to go with the colour of the barrow :~)
Jenny

Old 06-03-2004, 04:31 AM
John

Thank you for all the suggestions and ideas.
John