Old 05-03-2004, 01:30 PM
Registered User

Location: aberdeen
Default Greenhouse Owners.

Hi all,
I am trying to find info on the average size greenhouse, I would really appreciate details on any greenhouse/s you own, ie size, style, materials etc.
Any info would be a great help, Thank you.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:32 AM
nambucca

s.com...
--
darran

I have an 8 by 6 Aluminium framed which in season is never ever big enough

Go for the biggest you can afford or fit into your space but i dont think
theres much to choose between a DIY store Aluminium frame or a posh
expensive one via a gradening magazine
The end result plant wise will be the same

Old 06-03-2004, 04:33 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "nambucca" contains these words:

Darren doesn't want to a GH of his own, he's doing a college project
about them.

i dont think
theres much to choose between a DIY store Aluminium frame or a posh
expensive one via a gradening magazine

I suspect you've never seen the more expensive ones irl, to compare
them. They have a far stronger construction frame than cheap ones from a
DIY store (and often better glazing and ventilating systems, better door
access etc). Frame-strength and glazing method are particularly
important in exposed areas.

Janet.

Old 06-03-2004, 04:33 AM
Sue da Nimm

"darran" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi all,
I am trying to find info on the average size greenhouse, I would really
appreciate details on any greenhouse/s you own, ie size, style,
materials etc.
Any info would be a great help, Thank you.
--
darran

Get yourself a copy of adtrader or look on their web site
http://www.adtrader.co.uk/
There are always loads of greenhouses for sale.
My neighbour June and I bought three 10 x 6 garden centre standard
glasshouses at an average of £60 each, including staging and automatic
vents, plus a 10 x 8 Halls. The Halls is a much better quality job but the
glass is expensive to replace because the panes are bigger than the normal 2
x 2. (But it is the only one that hubby didn't need to raise on brick walls
to avoid banging his head!)
June has two of the 10 x 6 houses joined end to end, which gives her walk
through with a door at each end.
Buy (or make) the biggest you can - you will still end up wishing you had
more space!
Incidently, ours have suspended wooden floors with gaps to allow water to go
through.
Our neighbour has concrete floors which get very slimy with algae by the end
of the season.

Old 06-03-2004, 07:12 AM
mich

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "nambucca" contains these words:

Darren doesn't want to a GH of his own, he's doing a college project
about them.

In that case then, I have two.
A 10 X 8 and a 12 X 8.

My mother also has a 12 X 8

Old 06-03-2004, 10:36 AM
JennyC

"darran" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi all,
I am trying to find info on the average size greenhouse, I would really
appreciate details on any greenhouse/s you own, ie size, style,
materials etc.
Any info would be a great help, Thank you.
darran

I could tell you all about mine, but I had it made to measure and I'm in Holland
:~)

Pictures at:
http://members.rott.chello.nl/ldejag...ex.welcome.htm

Jenny

Old 06-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message m, darran
writes
Hi all,
I am trying to find info on the average size greenhouse, I would really
appreciate details on any greenhouse/s you own, ie size, style,
materials etc.
Any info would be a great help, Thank you.

We have two.

12x8 and 8x6

Both plain aluminium frames with standard glass glazing, ridged roofs.
single doors, the 12x8 has autovents, the 8x6 manual.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:
Old 06-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message m, darran
writes
Hi all,
I am trying to find info on the average size greenhouse, I would really
appreciate details on any greenhouse/s you own, ie size, style,
materials etc.
Any info would be a great help, Thank you.

We have two.

12x8 and 8x6

Both plain aluminium frames with standard glass glazing, ridged roofs.
single doors, the 12x8 has autovents, the 8x6 manual.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

Aquascape and similar ponder owners ~ jan Ponds 25 22-09-2005 03:31 PM
Greenhouse Owners. darran United Kingdom 0 05-03-2004 01:30 PM
greenhouse owners Coffee Gardening 0 24-05-2003 11:56 PM
Metal Halide owners ddaquaria Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:11 AM
Aquascape and similar ponder owners POST 2 Gregory Young Ponds 2 14-03-2003 01:44 PM