Old 06-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Frogleg

Default Greenhouse Owners.

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 11:24:53 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

I could tell you all about mine, but I had it made to measure and I'm in Holland

Pictures at:
http://members.rott.chello.nl/ldejag...ex.welcome.htm

Gorgeous! And amazing transformation. I *love* before & after pics.
One question: it says you got rid of a pond after it froze solid every
winter -- what about the plants? I can't believe all that lushness is
the result of one season's growth.

[I have an 8'x10' glasshouse, and I'm in the US.

Old 06-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote
in message ...
In message m, darran
writes
Hi all,
I am trying to find info on the average size greenhouse, I would really
appreciate details on any greenhouse/s you own, ie size, style,
materials etc.
Any info would be a great help, Thank you.

We have two.

12x8 and 8x6

Both plain aluminium frames with standard glass glazing, ridged roofs.
single doors, the 12x8 has autovents, the 8x6 manual.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds

We have 4 14X8's and one 6X8' freestanding, and one 14X20' lean-to all now
aluminium. I can tell you one thing about the average greenhouse - they are
too small. :~)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 06-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Chris French and Helen
Johnson writes
In message m, darran
writes
Hi all,
I am trying to find info on the average size greenhouse, I would really
appreciate details on any greenhouse/s you own, ie size, style,
materials etc.
Any info would be a great help, Thank you.

We have two.

12x8 and 8x6

Both plain aluminium frames with standard glass glazing, ridged roofs.
single doors, the 12x8 has autovents, the 8x6 manual.

Just one. 16 x 10?? Aluminium. Divided by a partition about 3 - 4 ft
from the door. The large inner section is double glazed acrylic sheet
about 1 inch from the outer glass, and in winter I also double glaze
with bubble wrap. The outer area is (I think) single glazed.

Heated in winter by two storage heaters on off peak, both adapted to put
out only 1/4 heat (heating our stone victorian house is expensive enough
without heating the whole of Leeds via the greenhouse as well) - enough
to keep it around 40 deg F though it drops to 30 deg on very frosty
nights.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 07-03-2004, 09:42 AM
JennyC

"Frogleg" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 11:24:53 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

I could tell you all about mine, but I had it made to measure and I'm in

Holland

Pictures at:
http://members.rott.chello.nl/ldejag...ex.welcome.htm

Gorgeous! And amazing transformation. I *love* before & after pics.
One question: it says you got rid of a pond after it froze solid every
winter -- what about the plants?

There were no plants in the pond really, just a couple of 'oxygen' plants. It
was only about 1 yard sqaure and very shallow.

I can't believe all that lushness is
the result of one season's growth.

I think you didn't notice that the before and after covers 1996 / 2001 :~))

[I have an 8'x10' glasshouse, and I'm in the US.

My GH is only 6X9' but its surprising how much I can cram into it :~)

Jenny

Aquascape and similar ponder owners ~ jan Ponds 25 22-09-2005 03:31 PM
Greenhouse Owners. darran United Kingdom 0 05-03-2004 01:30 PM
greenhouse owners Coffee Gardening 0 24-05-2003 11:56 PM
Metal Halide owners ddaquaria Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:11 AM
Aquascape and similar ponder owners POST 2 Gregory Young Ponds 2 14-03-2003 01:44 PM