Old 07-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Dan Keeley

Default Ideas for a small fence?

Does anyone have any ideas, or links which describe how to build a fence?

I have a virtually limitless supply of good sized branches from a recent
tree felling that can be used, of a nice 4-6inch diameter.. so i'd like to
make it using these, but got no idea where to start, and dont want it to
look a mess!

Is it possible?

Cheers!
Dan

Old 07-03-2004, 07:05 PM
JennyC

"Dan Keeley" wrote in message
Does anyone have any ideas, or links which describe how to build a fence?

I have a virtually limitless supply of good sized branches from a recent
tree felling that can be used, of a nice 4-6inch diameter.. so i'd like to
make it using these, but got no idea where to start, and dont want it to
look a mess!

Is it possible?

Cheers!
Dan

Wattle fence : http://www.klis.com/scove/062802.htm

Jackleg fence : http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/geissal45.html

Bamboe inspiration : http://www.bambooworks.com/fencing.htm

HTH Jenny

Old 07-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message VXI2c.2092$m56.783@newsfe1-win
from "Dan Keeley" contains these words:

Does anyone have any ideas, or links which describe how to build a fence?

I have a virtually limitless supply of good sized branches from a recent
tree felling that can be used, of a nice 4-6inch diameter.. so i'd like to
make it using these, but got no idea where to start, and dont want it to
look a mess!

Is it possible?

It's certainly possible, but whether it is worthwhile or not is a
different matter.

Firstly, the wood may not be suitable. What sort of tree was it?

Secondly, if you want it to last any time it will have to be seasoned
and treated.

Have you still got the trunk? If so, have you facilities for planking
it, or do you know how to split wood to the required shape using wedges?

I very much doubt whether you'll have enough wood to build much of a
fence unless the branches are legion!

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/