Old 17-03-2004, 08:39 AM
Martin Sykes

Default Turf lifters

"Alan Gregory" wrote in message
Newbie here.

I've got a bumpy lawn, from which I want to lift the turf, level the soil
underneath, and re-lay the turf.

Will a turf lifter work on a less-than-perfect surface?

Thanks,
Alan

It'll lift the turf but if it's really bumpy it'll be uneven thickness so
when you put it back down you'll still have a bumpy lawn. If it's just
gentle bumps then the turf lifter should follow the contour and you'll be
alright

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 18-03-2004, 09:40 AM
Geoff

Will a turf lifter work on a less-than-perfect surface?

Thanks,
Alan

You'd better have a large less than perfect lawn. I was going to hire such
a machine but at £35 per day I would not have got my money's worth so I used
a spade!! I was glad I decided to do so because it started raining an hour
or two after I started lifting the grass.

I now have gravel chippings and raised beds with no grass to cut!

Regards

Geoff

Old 18-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Geoff

Will a turf lifter work on a less-than-perfect surface?

Thanks,
Alan

You'd better have a large less than perfect lawn. I was going to hire such
a machine but at £35 per day I would not have got my money's worth so I used
a spade!! I was glad I decided to do so because it started raining an hour
or two after I started lifting the grass.

I now have gravel chippings and raised beds with no grass to cut!

Regards

Geoff

Organic Turf / Pesticide Free Turf Mj62 Lawns 7 06-02-2011 06:57 PM
Turf on top of turf flashman Lawns 5 09-03-2006 10:10 PM
New turf lawn - joins and turf quality Muzz United Kingdom 0 30-06-2005 01:08 PM
Turf on Turf Mike P. United Kingdom 1 22-06-2003 11:20 AM
Suggest good turf grass installation company? Dan Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:11 AM