Old 23-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Registered User

Location: wakefield uk
Default syngonathus mikado (ikea)

I have just purchased this little plant from Ikea and intrigued, I searched for it and found others also mystified.I have so far discovered it is actually a pipewort ,a member of the Eriocaulaceae: rushlike aquatic or marginal perennials usually found in shallow waters of acid lakes and pools and bogs.
Does anyone have any further information on the origin of this plant?
Attached Thumbnails
syngonathus mikado (ikea)-pipewort3.jpg