Old 24-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Campbell Thompson

Default Ride-on Accessories

Last year I bought a John Deere L107 which has made the job of cutting
¾ of an acre far easier and far more fun. I haven't let the wife in to
the secret and make out as though it's still a bit of a chore; far
from it!!

I would like to start using the mower for more than just cutting the
lawn, for example, I would like to get a spreader, a roller and maybe
something to de-thatch in the autumn, but having looked around, it
seems that all of these things are at least 350 quid, which seems a
lot for something that I will use once a year and will spend the rest
of the year gathering dust in the garage. Does anyone know if there is
a used or hire market for these things? I have looked on ebay and
can't see anything relevant.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 24-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Emery Davis

On 24 Mar 2004 01:05:17 -0800, (Campbe=
ll Thompson) said:

] Last year I bought a John Deere L107 which has made the job of cutting
] =BE of an acre far easier and far more fun. I haven't let the wife in to
] the secret and make out as though it's still a bit of a chore; far
] from it!!
]=20
] I would like to start using the mower for more than just cutting the
] lawn, for example, I would like to get a spreader, a roller and maybe
] something to de-thatch in the autumn, but having looked around, it
] seems that all of these things are at least 350 quid, which seems a
] lot for something that I will use once a year and will spend the rest
] of the year gathering dust in the garage. Does anyone know if there is
] a used or hire market for these things? I have looked on ebay and
] can't see anything relevant.
]=20
] Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Campbell,

Great question. I'm in exactly the same boat with a Countax I bought last
year. I do have a de-thatcher (that I've had for years) but it doesn't rea=
lly
do a proper job scarifying; but the price on the countax power scarifyer is
pretty off putting. (Also, I wonder if I'd break the blades on the frequent
subsurface rocks, but that's another issue). I rent a spreader from the
agri coop twice a year for 20 =A4, so far that's the best I've come up with.
So perhaps you can hire a spreader that way; but I'd love to find a used
one somewhere...

-E
--=20
Emery Davis