Old 25-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Geoff Bryant

Default garden and plant photos

I've recently revised my horticultural photography website,
www.hortiphoto.com, and it now has a considerably faster search engine that
returns thumbnail images instead of text-based results, which is
considerable advantage now that there are well over 2200 photos on the site

Sure, the site is commercial, but I think with the range of plants covered
it does represent a considerable resource for gardeners and plant
enthusiasts, and of course you don't have to buy anything and there's
nothing that requires registration.

Geoff Bryant
www.hortiphoto.com

Old 26-03-2004, 12:16 AM
Mark Allison

Geoff Bryant wrote:

I've recently revised my horticultural photography website,
www.hortiphoto.com, and it now has a considerably faster search engine that
returns thumbnail images instead of text-based results, which is
considerable advantage now that there are well over 2200 photos on the site

Sure, the site is commercial, but I think with the range of plants covered
it does represent a considerable resource for gardeners and plant
enthusiasts, and of course you don't have to buy anything and there's
nothing that requires registration.

There's some great photos on there - I won't be buying any though. ;-)

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

Old 26-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Andrew

Geoff
I'm interested in the php software you use and what datbase you use as I too
have a some 2000 slides mainly used for my gardening ta;lks. Can you let me
know how you constructed and what software was used?

Thanks
Andrew

Old 26-03-2004, 06:32 PM
NWalch

I agree. Great site with great pictures. I'll certainly be using it
when i'm looking up plants.

Can anyone recommend any good websites on digitial photography for/of
plants.

Nick

Old 27-03-2004, 07:42 AM
JennyC

"NWalch" wrote in message
om...
I agree. Great site with great pictures. I'll certainly be using it
when i'm looking up plants.

Can anyone recommend any good websites on digitial photography for/of
plants.

Nick

For:
http://photographytips.com/page.cfm/101 Excellent site with loads of good tips!

Of:
http://elib.cs.berkeley.edu/flowers/
http://www.tonyhowell.co.uk/flowersplantstrees.htm

Jenny

Old 27-03-2004, 11:25 AM
martin

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 08:36:52 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

"NWalch" wrote in message
. com...
I agree. Great site with great pictures. I'll certainly be using it
when i'm looking up plants.

Can anyone recommend any good websites on digitial photography for/of
plants.

Nick

For:
http://photographytips.com/page.cfm/101 Excellent site with loads of good tips!

Of:
http://elib.cs.berkeley.edu/flowers/
http://www.tonyhowell.co.uk/flowersplantstrees.htm

and if you haven't got a digital camera, a good independent site to
look at before buying a camera is http://www.dpreview.com/