Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-03-2004, 12:36 AM
andrewpreece

Default Brown Leylandii

I have an inherited Leylandii planted near my house, about 30 feet tall.
Last year following the dry weather and my modification of water run-off
from the road, it went brown. Ever since it has been littering the path
below
with dead needles, but still retains lots of brown foliage. A couple of
small
patches of needles near the start of the leaves are green, so I assume the
tree is alive, but will it grow new needles this year? I know Leylandii
cannot
regenerate new growth from old branches if they are cut back, and am
wondering if I will be left will a bald tree!
I ask because I am toying with the idea of felling it and planting
something nicer, and if it's had it that will ease my decision.

cheers

Andy