Old 30-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Bill

Default Cordyline

Two weeks ago I purchased a Cordyline - Red Star, and because of the night
frosts have kept it in my greenhouse. This morning I noticed some of the
leaves are going a straw colour so I wondered whether or not to plant
outside.

Are they frost resistant? or what is causing the straw colour?

Everything I buy seems to die on me!!

Thanks.

Old 30-03-2004, 07:26 PM
kenty ;-\)

If it is the lower leaves,they die back anyway.The red cordylines aren't as
hardy as the green ones.I lost C, red star the first winter I planted
it,they do need protection from hard frosts & wet.It is the wet of winter in
the crown of the plant that gets to them.The green one I have has been
outside for about four years without any problems.I live in
Nottingham,England.I haven't seen any really established red star planted in
any gardens,this might tell us that north of England will be a bit tricky to
keep them,unless they are pot grown and over wintered.Someone may have had
good success with one & will respond.
hope this helps.

--
Thanks Keith,UK.