Old 02-04-2004, 12:43 AM
homer

Default I may have murdered my lawn..

hi
I've recently moved into a new house with a garden, which is a first for me.
The lawn was in bad shape, mossy, bald patches, uneven growth, ( a bit like
me actually). I was advised to use a lawn feed which would nourish and
revitalise whilst killing off the weeds. I think I may have sprinkled out
too much because the grass first turned black and is now turning white. The
lawn is now covered in black and white and green stripes due to my uneven
sprinkling.
Half of the lawn stays in permanent shade and this half looks the worst.
Will the lawn recover from this and how can I help it
My first attempt at 'gardening'..........

thanks for any help

homer

Old 02-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Franz Heymann

"homer" wrote in message
hi
I've recently moved into a new house with a garden, which

is a first for me.
The lawn was in bad shape, mossy, bald patches, uneven

growth, ( a bit like
me actually). I was advised to use a lawn feed which would

nourish and
revitalise whilst killing off the weeds. I think I may

have sprinkled out
too much because the grass first turned black and is now

turning white. The
lawn is now covered in black and white and green stripes

due to my uneven
sprinkling.
Half of the lawn stays in permanent shade and this half

looks the worst.
Will the lawn recover from this and how can I help it
My first attempt at 'gardening'..........

What did you put on the lawn?
Did you stick to the recommended dosage?

Franz

Old 02-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , homer
writes
hi
I've recently moved into a new house with a garden, which is a first for me.
The lawn was in bad shape, mossy, bald patches, uneven growth, ( a bit like
me actually). I was advised to use a lawn feed which would nourish and
revitalise whilst killing off the weeds. I think I may have sprinkled out
too much because the grass first turned black and is now turning white. The
lawn is now covered in black and white and green stripes due to my uneven
sprinkling.
Half of the lawn stays in permanent shade and this half looks the worst.
Will the lawn recover from this and how can I help it

Yes, it will recover . . . eventually!!!
Just water it and mow what tufts there are on a high cut when it gets
too long and by the end of the summer you will have some grass
again!!!!!!!!! Then try top dressing it this coming autumn and next
spring you should be back to square one ))

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.