Old 02-04-2004, 04:18 AM
Tom C

Default Plant ID, anyone?

Hi folks.

Could anyone identify this plant please? It's an evergreen shrub,
certainly a member of leguminosae. I found it growing in great
profusion in Mediterranean France. I took a specimen and planted it
out in my garden in Sussex and it has since thrived, growing slowly
throughout two winters. Now it's ready to burst out in bright yellow
blooms (a few flowers appeared in Feb).

I've done extensive searches on Google, checking lots of images but
have been unable to get an exact match.

Does anyone recognize it? FYI, I observed it around Fréjus.

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Here are the links:

http://vzone.virgin.net/qw.erty/imag...ry_bush_01.jpg

http://vzone.virgin.net/qw.erty/imag...ry_bush_02.jpg
Old 02-04-2004, 04:18 AM
Cereus-validus

Caragana arborescens or an allied species.

http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/bio/life...ceae/caragana/

http://members.tripod.com/~Hatch_L/cara77.html

Old 02-04-2004, 04:19 AM
Sacha

Cereus-validus31/3/04 9:58

Caragana arborescens or an allied species.

http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/bio/life...iophytina/magn
oliopsida/fabaceae/caragana/

"Tom C" wrote in message
Hi folks.

Could anyone identify this plant please? It's an evergreen shrub,
certainly a member of leguminosae.

It looks very like Coronilla glauca. Ours is in flower now. Have a look
at this, though:
http://roger.jouet.free.fr/photograp...s/image299.jpg
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Old 02-04-2004, 04:24 AM
Tom C

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:20:04 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

It looks very like Coronilla glauca. Ours is in flower now. Have a look
at this, though:
http://roger.jouet.free.fr/photograp...s/image299.jpg

That's it! Thanks.

Tom.

Anyone plant shallots? B.Server Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
Can anyone recommend a good plant to use in rather strange circumstances [email protected] United Kingdom 5 29-03-2003 04:56 AM
Full Plant Pics--was (What type of Plant is this can anyone tell from these pictures) Cowboy Gardening 4 04-03-2003 03:15 PM
Full Plant Pics--was (What type of Plant is this can anyone tell Tracey Gardening 0 04-03-2003 05:51 AM
What type of Plant is this can anyone tell from these pictures. Cowboy Gardening 4 04-03-2003 03:27 AM