Old 06-04-2004, 09:48 PM

Default covering breeze blocks with hypertufa

Hi

I want to make a raised vegetable bed, and the way forward seems to be
to use cheap breeze blocks and then coat them with hypertufa for a
more natural look. I did initially want to use timber, but don't want
to use treated wood and untreated wood wouldn't last very long.

I have seen a few websites on usibng hypertufa, most most seem to be
on making a planter using a mould- different from actually covering
breeze blocks. I wondered whether anyone had any experience in doing
this. The only real question mark is over allowing it to cure....you
are meant to hypertufa away from direct sunlight, but the raised bed
needs to be in direct sunlight. any help appreciated
thanks
R.

Airflow Breeze: Makes "going green" a breeze! Dittoe Lawns 13 24-08-2007 11:10 AM
[IBC] hypertufa #2 Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 31-08-2003 03:02 PM
Hypertufa for natural rock planters and slabs Allen Bonsai 0 25-07-2003 08:32 PM
Advice On Dry Stone Wall Using Breeze Blocks descds United Kingdom 3 02-05-2003 09:22 PM
Making Hypertufa ornaments for you lawn and garden. Page updated fillyflash Gardening 0 22-02-2003 01:03 AM