Old 06-04-2004, 09:48 PM
homer

Default Always Shady and Damp.

No that's not how people describe me! Its the state of part of my garden.
What kinds of flowers/shrubs/plants tolerate or even prefer these
conditions? I'm looking for something that's colourful, pretty and can take
care of it self (sort of like Wonder Woman!)
It must like wet soil and the occasional glimpse of the sun.

thanks
homer

Old 06-04-2004, 09:48 PM
redclay

homer wrote in message
No that's not how people describe me! Its the state of part of my garden.
What kinds of flowers/shrubs/plants tolerate or even prefer these
conditions? I'm looking for something that's colourful, pretty and can

take
care of it self (sort of like Wonder Woman!)
It must like wet soil and the occasional glimpse of the sun.

thanks
homer

Ferns and mosses. Head to the local library for the gardening design books.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Philippe Gautier

Sacha wrote:
redclay5/4/04 1:06
net

homer wrote in message
. ..

No that's not how people describe me! Its the state of part of my garden.
What kinds of flowers/shrubs/plants tolerate or even prefer these
conditions? I'm looking for something that's colourful, pretty and can

take

care of it self (sort of like Wonder Woman!)
It must like wet soil and the occasional glimpse of the sun.

thanks
homer

Hi, I have a garden exactly like this here in Edinburgh. 3 quarters of
it have no sun at all and the back corner of it has 1 hour or 2 of sun
in the summer.

I put a link to some pictures he

http://www.gogo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...er03/index.htm

In the dampest/darker part, I have been very successfully growing:
Astilbes, fatsia Japonica, lungworth, salomon seals, euphorbias,
dicentras, japanese maples, aquileas, etc...

I swear that these plants have never ever seen any sun at all!

philippe