Old 10-04-2004, 11:32 AM
yso

Default Most hanuted under our floor

Hi All

I wonder if anyone has experience this. A few days ago, I and wife was
watching TV, and we heard something scratching our patio door. It was about
10 PM at night, and we went to the patio door to have a look, but could not
see anything. But scratching noise was still keep coming into the house
rather loudly. We were not sure whether it was outside of the house or
inside the house. I went out through the patio door, put the security lights
on, and looked around, but could not see anything at all.

Next day samething happened exactly same time 10 PM at night, scratch noise
from the patio door. Went there, and looked around but nothing. This time I
found out the scratching noise was coming from the floor of the kitchen. It
sounded like scratching with some sort of paw or claw. I hit the floor with
a shoes a few times making loud noise, but the scratching noise did not
stop - it went on a few time, and got quietened.

What could this be? Our house is newly built about 2 years ago, and kitchen
floor is stone tiled. We also used to suffer from a lot of ants coming into
the kitchen, and crawling around the stone tile floor.

cheers
Dan

Old 10-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Inge Jones

In article ,
says...
[...]

What are the tiles on? An earth floor, concrete subfloor, or timber
floor?

Didn't the sound even pause for a moment after you banged the floor?
Even a bold rat will stop briefly (1st hand experience here)

Does something happen in your central heating system at 10pm each day?
Maybe you have a pipe expanding or contracting under the floor. Do you
have underfloor heating?

Old 10-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Mike

"yso" wrote in message
[...]

Central Heating coming on?

Mike
--
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th
Royal Naval Reunion Eastbourne May 7th - 10th

Old 10-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Geo

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:10:20 +0100, "yso" wrote:

I wonder if anyone has experience this. A few days ago, I and wife was
watching TV, and we heard something scratching our patio door.

It probably just the old-indian-burial-ground syndrome.
Geo

Old 10-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "yso" contains these words:

Hi All

I wonder if anyone has experience this. This time I
found out the scratching noise was coming from the floor of the kitchen. It
sounded like scratching with some sort of paw or claw.

I've experienced that twice. The first time was a wild rabbit which
had crawled in and got trapped under the bath and died there. The second
was a rat eating its way through the kitchen worktop from an
inaccessible wall cavity. It took him about a week's gnawing to get
right through the chipboard and laminate; when he broke through I could
see his little eyes shining at me. He died too.

Janet

Old 14-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Tumbleweed

"yso" wrote in message
[...]

I heard a scratching noise in my garage the other day, tracked it down to a
pile of junk in a corner, but there was no movement coming from it which I
would have expected given the volume of the scratching. When I gingerly
pulled it apart using a rake I expected a mouse or rat, but instead the
worlds biggest bumble bee zoomed out (after making an incredible buzzing
noise, you could tell it was annoyed :-)! Maybe its that time of year for
nestbuilding and one has found a small hole leading from outside to under
your kitchen floor?

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address