Old 18-04-2004, 03:13 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Compost heap - neighbour objects!

The message
from "sugarCandy" contains these words:

The heap is at the bottom of the garden, and he has trees the other side of
the fence, no sitting area or patio. I think he only noticed it because he
was having a tidy up after the winter. I was so surprised I couldn't think
of all the sensible replies that come to mind now, like recycling,
environmentally friendly, no cooked food etc!
We've been here 2 and a half years, and besides telling me not to take in
parcels if asked to by the postman, they haven't really had much to say up
until now.

Continue as usual. If you can get a sensible exchange going with him,
then that's always the best way, but if you can't, ignore him.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 18-04-2004, 03:14 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "sugarCandy" contains these words:

/snip/
You could try explaining yourself to your neighbour, but I get the
impression that he is one of those who always knows best. I'd ignore
him. If he complains to the council, I have a good idea they will be on
your side.

I had intended to leave it longer to rot, but as he'd complained i thought
I'd show I was trying to move it.

Don't! if he gets the idea you'll bend to his will when he makes
unreasonable demands he'll have you running on the spot.

You might go about the garden muttering (stage whisper) "Leylandii,
leylandii!"

Old 18-04-2004, 03:14 AM
David Rance

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
Janet Baraclough.. wrote:

You couldn't make it up :-(

Sewage Galore?

I was thinking it sounded like a plot for a Compton Mackenzie novel! ;-)

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |

Old 18-04-2004, 03:29 AM
Rhiannon S

Subject: Compost heap - neighbour objects!
From: Janet Baraclough..
Date: 16/04/2004 16:57 GMT Daylight Time

It's becoming a pressing issue here on Arran. The current landfill
site will be full within a year or two, the (mainland) county council

Would that be East Ayrshire? If so, do not expect any sense whatsoever as the
main qualfication to be an East Ayrshire councillor is a pre-frontal lobotomy.

--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/

Old 18-04-2004, 04:10 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "sugarCandy" contains these words:

/snip/
Has anyone else had problems with compost heaps causing complaints? I was
really surprised, as I thought I had been responsible, and I was trying to
reduce the waste put out for the bin men by recycling. Problem is I haven't
got anywhere else to site it, as it was situated between my shed and garage,
so as to be out of sight of the main garden.

You were doing the correct and sensible thing, and your neighbour
doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Get a scythe and - - oh, as you were!

Old 18-04-2004, 04:12 AM
David Rance