Old 18-04-2004, 03:46 AM
Glenda

Default Identifying a pest - help needed

Does anyone know what the small red beetle thing is that seems to be
all over our garden this year? It's slightly smaller than a ladybird,
moves quickly and is totally red - and there are a lot of them this
year, haven't noticed them ever before.

Many thanks in advance.

Glenda
Old 18-04-2004, 03:46 AM
MissJuggs

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:01:49 +0000 (UTC), Glenda
wrote:

Does anyone know what the small red beetle thing is that seems to be
all over our garden this year? It's slightly smaller than a ladybird,
moves quickly and is totally red - and there are a lot of them this
year, haven't noticed them ever before.

Do you have lilies or fritarillary?

If so, it's possibly a lily beetle, because, apart from the quick
movement (which they are not known for except when dropping of a
plant) your description is spot on.

They are the Insects of Satan.

Glenys
--
"A Newsweek poll said if the election were held today, John Kerry
would beat Bush 49 percent to 46 percent. And today, President Bush
Old 18-04-2004, 03:47 AM
Robert

: wrote:
:
:: Does anyone know what the small red beetle thing is that seems to be
:: all over our garden this year? It's slightly smaller than a ladybird,
:: moves quickly and is totally red - and there are a lot of them this
:: year, haven't noticed them ever before.
:
: Do you have lilies or fritarillary?
:
: If so, it's possibly a lily beetle, because, apart from the quick
: movement (which they are not known for except when dropping of a
: plant) your description is spot on.
:
: They are the Insects of Satan.
:
: Glenys

Yes my immediate thought was lily beetle, my second thought was ,'how far
are you from Plymouth?!' lol