Old 20-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered User

Default House plants

Hi

I have an umbrella plant that I need to re-pot.

Do I need to place it in a plastic pot with drainage holes before I put it inside a decorative pot, or can I pot it straight into a decorative pot?

thanks
Old 20-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jackie D" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi

I have an umbrella plant that I need to re-pot.

Do I need to place it in a plastic pot with drainage holes before I

put
it inside a decorative pot, or can I pot it straight into a

decorative
pot?

It is best to pot it into a plastic pot with drainage holes. If you
potted it directly into a decorative pot, you would have to be
*exceedingly* careful with watering, otherwise you will make a potted
bog.

Franz

Old 20-04-2004, 11:09 PM
David Hill

What do you mean by umbrella plant? is it Cyperus alternifolia
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2532/

or Schefflera actinophylla http://mgonline.com/schefflera.html

or Darmera peltata http://www.msue.msu.edu/imp/modzz/00002104.html

or PELTIPHYLLUM PELTATUM
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chiltern...cordID=BFBCBCF

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 21-04-2004, 01:15 PM
Mike Lyle

"David Hill" wrote in message ...
What do you mean by umbrella plant? is it Cyperus alternifolia
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2532/

or Schefflera actinophylla http://mgonline.com/schefflera.html

or Darmera peltata http://www.msue.msu.edu/imp/modzz/00002104.html

or PELTIPHYLLUM PELTATUM
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chiltern...cordID=BFBCBCF

It's probably a Heptapleurum.

Mike.
Old 21-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Gloxinia

"Jackie D" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi

I have an umbrella plant that I need to re-pot.

Do I need to place it in a plastic pot with drainage holes before I put
it inside a decorative pot, or can I pot it straight into a decorative
pot?

thanks
--
Jackie D

Pot with drainage holes goes inside your fancy pot .

Old 22-04-2004, 09:40 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Franz Heymann
"Jackie D" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi

I have an umbrella plant that I need to re-pot.

Do I need to place it in a plastic pot with drainage holes before I

put
it inside a decorative pot, or can I pot it straight into a

decorative
pot?

It is best to pot it into a plastic pot with drainage holes. If you
potted it directly into a decorative pot, you would have to be
*exceedingly* careful with watering, otherwise you will make a potted

bog.

Franz

Thank you Franz. That was my first instinct

Jackie
Old 26-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lyle
"David Hill" wrote in message ...
What do you mean by umbrella plant? is it Cyperus alternifolia
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2532/

or Schefflera actinophylla http://mgonline.com/schefflera.html

or Darmera peltata http://www.msue.msu.edu/imp/modzz/00002104.html

or PELTIPHYLLUM PELTATUM
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chiltern...cordID=BFBCBCF

It's probably a Heptapleurum.

Mike.
Hi Mike

It's actually a Schefflera Var. Would you know why it's losing its variegated leaves and what I can do about it?

Thanks
Jackie

Frugal silk plants? Or real house plants? [email protected] Gardening 26 11-03-2011 09:03 PM
Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1] Graham Corbin Orchid Photos 12 23-04-2007 10:02 AM
Oversized house plants, why?? Graslokar Gardening 6 30-03-2003 05:20 PM
House Plants James Dower Gardening 11 09-02-2003 03:36 PM
North side of house - insane plants? Cereoid+10 Gardening 8 07-02-2003 07:59 AM