Old 25-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Martin C

Default What kind of cost

Ive just moved into a house where the garden is really overgrown and needs a
lot of work, and 1 week later I break my leg and will be in plaster for
months, so Im going to need to pay someone to come in and totally gut the
garden and lay me some flagging

Any (rough) idea what this might set me back as its not in my budget but
cant wait till im better or itll be like the Amazon

Cheers

Martin

--
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like: and I like less
than half of you half as well as you deserve"

Old 25-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Brian

You've lost your leg already. With what you suggest you about to lose your
arm as well.
The best solution for now would be to have all the rampant area sprayed
with Roundup and then, when you are able again, make your decision. Hope it
mends well.
Best Wishes.

Old 25-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Bob Hobden

"Martin C" wrote in message ...
Ive just moved into a house where the garden is really overgrown and needs

lot of work, and 1 week later I break my leg and will be in plaster for
months, so Im going to need to pay someone to come in and totally gut the
garden and lay me some flagging

Any (rough) idea what this might set me back as its not in my budget but
cant wait till im better or itll be like the Amazon

Work out the days it will take one man and then multiply it by the local
going daily rate, around here about £100. Don't forget to add the cost of
removing it all and dumping it.
To give you some idea, I have recently been helping a new neighbour/friend
get their large garden into some order after years of neglect and we have
made an estimated 40+ (Defender van full each time) trips to the dump.
--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars