Old 29-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

Default Flymo drivebelt problem

I got myself a flymo turbo compact 380 off my dad - he said it was
probably needing a new belt as it kept throwing the existing one.

Sure enough, every time you start it, it throws the drivebelt.

I purchased a new blade, belt and lid for it to get it all back working
properly.

The new belt was snugger, but it is also throwing when the machine starts.

I've had a look underneath, and with the belt fitted, even turning the
rear 'spindle' by hand, you can see the belt begin to 'creep' off it.

Any ideas how to overcome this problem?

help most appreciated,
g.
Old 29-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Mike

"Fat Freddy's Cat" wrote in message
I got myself a flymo turbo compact 380 off my dad - he said it was
probably needing a new belt as it kept throwing the existing one.

Sure enough, every time you start it, it throws the drivebelt.

I purchased a new blade, belt and lid for it to get it all back working
properly.

The new belt was snugger, but it is also throwing when the machine starts.

I've had a look underneath, and with the belt fitted, even turning the
rear 'spindle' by hand, you can see the belt begin to 'creep' off it.

Any ideas how to overcome this problem?

help most appreciated,
g.

Not completely familiar with this particular machine, but if the belt has to
had an 180 degree twist in it, try putting the twist in 'left handed' or the
opposite way to what you would think is 'normal'. We had a machine which was
like this. Forgot which it was ;-( Possibly a Flymo ;-)

Mike

--
Royal Naval Reunion Eastbourne May 7th - 10th
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Reunion Bracklesham Bay May 21st - 24th

Flymo L400 petrol tank Ronnie L Lawns 2 02-04-2009 02:06 PM
Flymo Power Compact 330 Repairable? Victor West United Kingdom 4 03-05-2005 04:14 AM
Are Flymo electric hovers cr*p? Matt United Kingdom 6 10-08-2003 02:13 AM
Sears LT1000 Kohler Engine ground drivebelt problem? ranmcc Lawns 3 22-07-2003 11:23 PM
Flymo probs! JK Gardening 0 04-05-2003 05:08 PM