Old 30-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Paul

Default Powered scarifier

I think Honda or some one else makes an adapter for there lawn mowers to
enable them to scarify.

Paul

"Laurie Moseley" wrote in message
I have a lawn 40 yards by 15 yards. I want to improve it and am thinking

of
buying a powered scarifier. Does anyone have any advice either about

features
to look for, or about the virtues of different models ?

For example, do petrol models have advantages over mains electric ones ?

Does
the width matter? Does the length of the tines matter?

Prices vary quite a lot. Is it worthwhile purchasing a Focus or B & Q

cheapo at
£70 rather than one of the more expensive ones at prices up to £300 ? My
lawnmower is a Honda. It was pricey when I bought it, but it has given

sterling
service, and I think that over the years, the price has turned out to be
reasonable.

If you know of an existing reliable review of models, just point me at it.

With thanks

Laurie

Old 30-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Jim

You should rent one first and give it a try. I would think every other year
is often enough to scarify.

Old 01-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Sue

"nambucca" wrote
We have a Qualcast electric Scarifier they are about £60 these days and
its been fine for years our lawn is bigger than yours and we do ours 2 or
3 times a year
our neighbour has 3 times the area of lawn we have and they have the same
machine

Our machine is also a little Qualcast electric model with sprung metal wire
tines and does the business for grass of similar area mentioned by Laurie.
We got it second hand from local paper ad for about £12 and it had hardly
been used, so consider it a great bargain.

Him Wot Does The Grass has hired a larger, engine-driven machine in the
past, which he says was 'brilliant', but it would have been awfully
expensive to buy and not been cost effective considering it's not used all
that often.

--
Sue

Old 01-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Laurie Moseley

Thanks to all the people who offered advice on powered scarifiers. That's what
groups like this are for - and it works. Aren't people nice ?

Laurie
Laurie (Laurence) Moseley

Plus Ultra

power rake/aerator/scarifier in the US? [email protected] Gardening 20 11-04-2005 07:59 PM
Scarifier bnd777 United Kingdom 0 06-09-2004 03:14 PM
Powered scarifier Laurie Moseley United Kingdom 0 05-05-2004 08:15 PM
Advice wanted Lawn scarifier Linda Deary United Kingdom 5 18-04-2004 06:05 PM
Mower Scarifier combo Alan United Kingdom 0 09-09-2003 12:29 AM