Old 02-04-2005, 04:29 AM

Default power rake/aerator/scarifier in the US?

I'm looking for something like this: http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665
but it looks like the only thing that comes close that is available in the
US is a $1000+ machine made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by
the rental industry, or am I simply not looking in the right places?

Old 02-04-2005, 06:22 AM
GFRfan

I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665
but it looks like the only thing that comes close that is available in the
US is a $1000+ machine made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by
the rental industry, or am I simply not looking in the right places?

Looks like a worthless piece of junk to me.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:27 PM

In rec.gardens GFRfan wrote:
wrote:
I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665
but it looks like the only thing that comes close that is available in the
US is a $1000+ machine made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by
the rental industry, or am I simply not looking in the right places?

Looks like a worthless piece of junk to me.

Thanks for sharing. Now, where do I get something like this in the US?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Timothy

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 03:29:00 +0000, m4rcone wrote:

I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665 but it looks like the only
thing that comes close that is available in the US is a $1000+ machine
made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by the rental industry, or
am I simply not looking in the right places?

I'm un-sure why you would need one of these per-say. It seems that it
de-thatches (would bet rather poorly) and picks up leaves. It's only a
foot wide and it would take you forever to do a 1500 square foot lawn area.

I would suggest that if you need to thatch your lawn area, rent a
bluebird thatcher with a bagger on it. As far as leaf pick up in the
fall.... mow them. Any bagging mower will work at picking them up or just
multch them into the lawn if the the leaves arn't too thick.

If you feel that you *NeeD* one of these... then call Black & Decker and
see where to order one in the us. You may also have intrest in looking at
Mantis. They have a thatching attachment.
http://mantisgardentools.com/home.asp?
Good luck to you.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com

Old 05-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Alan Sung

wrote in message
I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665
but it looks like the only thing that comes close that is available in the
US is a $1000+ machine made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by
the rental industry, or am I simply not looking in the right places?

As stated by others, you want something like a Bluebird
http://www.bluebirdintl.com/products/combers/

There's a bunch of them for sale on Ebay in the $400-$500 range. The problem
with ones from the rental place is that they get so much use that the
tines/fingers get worn down and don't always do such a great job.

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA

Old 05-04-2005, 06:29 PM
William W. Plummer

Alan Sung wrote:

wrote in message

I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665

but it looks like the only thing that comes close that is available in the
US is a $1000+ machine made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by
the rental industry, or am I simply not looking in the right places?

As stated by others, you want something like a Bluebird
http://www.bluebirdintl.com/products/combers/

There's a bunch of them for sale on Ebay in the $400-$500 range. The problem
with ones from the rental place is that they get so much use that the
tines/fingers get worn down and don't always do such a great job.

You can rent one from Taylor for about $40 per half day. I've done
this twice over the years and am always disappointed. The ground must
be very flat for them to work properly and rolling it first doesn't
help. This is not due to worn parts, there's only so much that the
machine can cope with.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:18 PM

In alt.home.lawn.garden Timothy wrote:
On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 03:29:00 +0000, m4rcone wrote:
I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665 but it looks like the only
thing that comes close that is available in the US is a $1000+ machine
made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by the rental industry, or
am I simply not looking in the right places?

I'm un-sure why you would need one of these per-say. It seems that it
de-thatches (would bet rather poorly) and picks up leaves. It's only a
foot wide and it would take you forever to do a 1500 square foot lawn area.

I don't need that particular brand and model, just something like it.
However the something like its that I've seen in the US so far start
around $1000.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:25 PM

In alt.home.lawn.garden Alan Sung wrote:
wrote in message
I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665
but it looks like the only thing that comes close that is available in the
US is a $1000+ machine made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by
the rental industry, or am I simply not looking in the right places?

As stated by others, you want something like a Bluebird
http://www.bluebirdintl.com/products/combers/

There's a bunch of them for sale on Ebay in the $400-$500 range.

Which is still several hundred dollars more than what the lower-end ones
in Europe cost brand new. Now, I'm sure that the Bluebird is bigger and
better, but I'm looking for something more on the low end, affordable side,
which doesn't seem to even exist in the US.

Old 06-04-2005, 09:54 PM

Sure it does... Buy a rake

Old 06-04-2005, 10:17 PM

In rec.gardens d wrote:
Sure it does... Buy a rake

You must have missed the word "power" in the subjectline...
Old 07-04-2005, 05:19 AM
Timothy

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:18:04 +0000, m4rcone wrote:

In alt.home.lawn.garden Timothy wrote:
On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 03:29:00 +0000, m4rcone wrote:
I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665 but it looks like the only
thing that comes close that is available in the US is a $1000+ machine
made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by the rental industry,
or am I simply not looking in the right places?

I'm un-sure why you would need one of these per-say. It seems that it
de-thatches (would bet rather poorly) and picks up leaves. It's only a
foot wide and it would take you forever to do a 1500 square foot lawn
area.

I don't need that particular brand and model, just something like it.
However the something like its that I've seen in the US so far start
around $1000.

I'd suggest that you research the euro suppliers of said machines and
*try* to hunt them down on this side of the pond. I would also suggest
that you look to Canada as they may have more euro-type machines than the
usa.

I'm still at a lose as to why you want one. What is it that your trying to
accomplish? Leaf pick up.. thatching..? Thatching really only needs to be
done at best every 3/4 years. As for picking up leaf litter..ect, use a
lawn vac or even a lawn mower.

I can understand how one can get used to a certain tool and a certain way
of doing things, but it may be time to look at different options and tools.

Good luck finding that right tool for your job.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 07-04-2005, 06:27 AM

In rec.gardens Timothy wrote:
I'm still at a lose as to why you want one. What is it that your trying to
accomplish? Leaf pick up.. thatching..? Thatching really only needs to be
done at best every 3/4 years. As for picking up leaf litter..ect, use a
lawn vac or even a lawn mower.

Thatching, mostly. I'd rather have a $100 machine I own, rather than
spend $50 to rent one.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Travis

Timothy wrote:
snip
Thatching really only needs to be done at best every 3/4 years.

snip

If ever.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5