Old 03-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Default Getting rid of IVY

Hi,

How do you get rid of Ivy which is well rooted? Some roots are 2 inches
thick.

Rajinder

Old 03-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address
"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" wrote in message
Hi,

How do you get rid of Ivy which is well rooted? Some roots are 2 inches
thick.

Rajinder

Dig up what you can and pick the bits that come up again, IME it dies off
very quickly. I cut a pretty big ivy down last year, couldnt get all the
roots, had a few bits come back but just picked them off and nothing has
appeared again this year.

--
Tumbleweed

Old 03-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Anna Kettle

How do you get rid of Ivy which is well rooted? Some roots are 2 inches
thick.

My ivy trees has been poisoned presumably with glyphosate in the year
before I moved in. There had been some growback but a saw and lots of
levering was enough to get it to ground level - lots had died back

Anna
--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Plaster conservation, freehand modelling in lime

Old 05-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

Thanks for the answers and I would try both.

Rajinder

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
How do you get rid of Ivy which is well rooted? Some roots are 2

inches
thick.

My ivy trees has been poisoned presumably with glyphosate in the year
before I moved in. There had been some growback but a saw and lots of
levering was enough to get it to ground level - lots had died back

Anna
--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Plaster conservation, freehand modelling in lime
/ ^^ \ // Overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It -systemic killers rtih Lawns 0 17-05-2003 08:32 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Lawns 20 17-05-2003 03:20 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Gardening 21 17-05-2003 03:20 PM
Getting rid of ivy Karen C Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
Getting rid of ivy? Andy Gardening 2 17-02-2003 06:03 PM