Old 08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Glenda

Default Peony Rose question

2 years ago my mum split one of her many peony roses and I took one of
the plants for our garden. Although it's grown well and has lush
foliage it didn't flower last year and shows no signs of putting out
flowers this year either. Should I be patient with it or is there a
reason why it isn't flowering? I don't know the variety but it had
profuse, very large, pale pink flowers.

Glenda
Old 08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Juggs

On Sat, 8 May 2004 15:43:35 +0000 (UTC), Glenda
wrote:

2 years ago my mum split one of her many peony roses and I took one of
the plants for our garden. Although it's grown well and has lush
foliage it didn't flower last year and shows no signs of putting out
flowers this year either. Should I be patient with it or is there a
reason why it isn't flowering? I don't know the variety but it had
profuse, very large, pale pink flowers.

Peonys have to be planted at just the right depth to flower, I think.

Glenys

--
Semen is an anti-depressant.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Brian

Peonies can take two or more years to settle after transplanting. This is
not a fixed rule but has always been so with me. Some others will have had
no problems.
I have tried differing depths and times for transplanting but with similar
results.
Best Wishes Brian.