Old 11-05-2004, 07:04 PM
p.mc

Default grass

why do I have some lush green patches of grass on my lawn, as if it grows
faster

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks

Old 11-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Brian

Lush green patches can be 'bitch marks' or the start of a growth of fungi.
Unless the lawn is to be of 'golf green' quality neither will be a real
problem.
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 12-05-2004, 11:29 PM
p.mc

I should start selling bitch **** as lawn fertilizer then, 'cause it's
better than the rest of my lawn :-))

Cheers Brian

Old 12-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Brian

The bitch mark will initially turn the grass brown because the urine is so
strong. As it breaks down it becomes a nitrogen rich fertilizer and causes
the green marks. Dogs ie males, do not make these marks because they spread
it up and around; but it is as strong a fertilizer. All urine makes a good
fertilizer for grass. Lots of nitrogen.
Regards Brian.