Old 16-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Kase

Default Blackcurrant mildew advice

I've just discovered that the blackcurrant that I bought this year has got
what looks like American Gooseberry Mildew. I've cut it right back, but as
it is Wellington XXX then it is apparently susceptible to this disease. My
white and red currants are fine. Should I change the blackcurrant, or is
there something that will organically contain/prevent this disease? I don't
want to have to fight it every single year, and as it is edible fruit then I
don't want to use any fungicide that is not organic. Do any of you folks
have experience in this area? What would you suggest?

Many thanks

Kase

--

Make sure to take off your pants before replying

when mildew isn't mildew T[_4_] Edible Gardening 1 16-08-2016 06:09 AM
blackcurrant bushes ann United Kingdom 4 13-04-2004 12:34 PM
Prune blackcurrant bushes simon United Kingdom 6 20-01-2004 07:09 PM
Prune blackcurrant bushes simon United Kingdom 1 19-01-2004 11:25 PM
need to worry about my blackcurrant bush? Margaret Paige United Kingdom 6 13-05-2003 01:32 PM