Old 18-05-2004, 01:08 PM
cheryl buxton

Default can you just grow one tomato plant

Can you just grow one tomato plant or do you need 2 for cross pollination.

cheers in advance
cheryl
Old 18-05-2004, 01:10 PM
shazzbat

"cheryl buxton" wrote in message
m...
Can you just grow one tomato plant or do you need 2 for cross pollination.

cheers in advance
cheryl

1 is good.
2 is better. More tomatoes ;-))

Steve

Old 18-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Emrys Davies

'Cheryl',

Yes, one plant will suffice. Pollinate by splitting the end of a small
thin cane, insert small ball of cotton wool in the split, fluff it up a
little, and use it to gently transfer pollen from one flowering truss to
another. It is being effective when you see that the wool is tinted
yellow.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 18-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Tumbleweed

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"cheryl buxton" wrote in message
m...
Can you just grow one tomato plant or do you need 2 for cross

pollination.

cheers in advance
cheryl

1 is good.
2 is better. More tomatoes ;-))

Steve

And 10 is worse. Too many tomatoes :-)
--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old 18-05-2004, 07:28 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Tumbleweed
writes
"shazzbat" wrote in message
"cheryl buxton" wrote in message
m...
Can you just grow one tomato plant or do you need 2 for cross

pollination.

1 is good.
2 is better. More tomatoes ;-))

And 10 is worse. Too many tomatoes :-)

How do I stop most of the tomatoes ripening in the two weeks I'm away in
the summer?

--
dave @ stejonda

"To materialist eyes, India is a developing country;
to spiritual eyes, the United States is a developing country."
Ram Dass (an optimist)
Old 18-05-2004, 09:09 PM
cheryl buxton

thanks for all the replies