Old 22-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Derek E Banks Ba MA

Default Hibiscus

We have a Hibiscus, several years old, growing in a pot. During the
winter we were away from Dec to March and left the plant under cover in
one of those cheap plastic green houses. The Hibiscus went for three and
a half months without watering and dried out!. It's now been out in the
open and watered since Mid march but shows no sign of budding or life.
However the stems feel pliable and show green if you scrape a little bark
away.

What is the groups prgnosis ? Is it a case of wait and see?

By the way. The cheapo plastic and metal frame green house was a
disaster. The main zip metal part was to soft and the zip broke alamost
at once. Despite taking great care in erecting we returned home from
Austalia to find a mess of collasped plastic outer and bucked frame
inners. A complete waste of time and money.

I don't need greenhouse but do need somewhere to protect our earthenware
pots from the rain and frost. Any ideas?

Derek and Pamela Banks

Yellow hibiscus 23 Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 04-04-2009 01:05 AM
Hibiscus-2656 Maroochy Garden Photos 4 01-04-2009 01:11 AM
hibiscus bushes alicia Gardening 1 01-09-2003 04:12 PM
Hibiscus seeds TakeThisOut Gardening 2 20-03-2003 03:44 PM
Hibiscus pruning T.L.Miller Gardening 0 26-01-2003 01:54 PM