Old 23-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Dougie Nisbet

Default The Hozelock AC1 automatic water control thing

Buggered if I can remember how to work this. If I want it to water for
five minutes every now and then, do I go to Auto, then to 5? I couldn't
find any user guides on the hozelock website and my instructions went to
the great WPB in the sky a long time ago.

Dougie

Old 24-05-2004, 11:09 AM
BAC

"Dougie Nisbet" wrote in message
news
Buggered if I can remember how to work this. If I want it to water for
five minutes every now and then, do I go to Auto, then to 5? I couldn't
find any user guides on the hozelock website and my instructions went to
the great WPB in the sky a long time ago.

I've got an (ancient) Hozelock 2701, so don't know if the operating
procedures are the same as for your model, but, to use the automatic switch
off facility outside of the pre-programmable automatic cycles, you
1) press the auto/man key to select manual mode
2) use the keypad to enter the duration of manual watering you want -
from 1 minute up to several hours
3) press the auto/man button again, within 8 seconds, and manual watering
should begin.

NB at the end of the selected manual watering period, the timer returns
to auto mode. Normally, this will switch off the water, but, if the timed
manual period overlaps a programmed watering period, it won't switch the
water off until the end of the programmed period.

So, basically, if your timer works the same way as mine, you do indeed just
press auto, then 5, then auto again (within 8 seconds of pressing five) to
get your five minutes watering. If that doesn't work, you could try
e-mailing Hozelock's consumer services team, via the link on their website.

Old 25-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Dougie Nisbet

On Mon, 24 May 2004 10:42:45 +0100, BAC wrote:

So, basically, if your timer works the same way as mine, you do indeed just
press auto, then 5, then auto again (within 8 seconds of pressing five) to
get your five minutes watering. If that doesn't work, you could try
e-mailing Hozelock's consumer services team, via the link on their website.

That could be what I'm doing wrong. I'm not setting it back to AUTO. I'll
give it a try. Thanks for the tips.

Old 26-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Stan The Man

In article , BAC
wrote:

(snip)
If that doesn't work, you could try
e-mailing Hozelock's consumer services team, via the link on their website.

Or phone them on 01844 292002. Unlike some so-called Consumer
Helplines, Hozelock's is really first-class. Might have to queue for a
while at this time of year though...

Simon
Old 27-05-2004, 09:31 PM
tuin man

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
In article , BAC
wrote:

(snip)
If that doesn't work, you could try
e-mailing Hozelock's consumer services team, via the link on their

website.

Or phone them on 01844 292002. Unlike some so-called Consumer
Helplines, Hozelock's is really first-class. Might have to queue for a
while at this time of year though...

Simon

For what it's worthy, the new ones state
P1 for 2 mins every 6 hours,
P2 for 2 mins every 12 hours,
P3 for 10 mins every 12 hours
and so on
First turn knob clockwise to "auto start" when you want this process to
begin every day and then simply turn back anti-clockwise to desired setting
.... and that's it.
I had to wait until today to find out.

Patrick

Old 27-05-2004, 09:33 PM
tuin man

"tuin man" wrote in message

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
In article , BAC
wrote:

(snip)
If that doesn't work, you could try
e-mailing Hozelock's consumer services team, via the link on their

website.

Or phone them on 01844 292002. Unlike some so-called Consumer
Helplines, Hozelock's is really first-class. Might have to queue for a
while at this time of year though...

Simon

For what it's worthy, the new ones state
P1 for 2 mins every 6 hours,
P2 for 2 mins every 12 hours,
P3 for 10 mins every 12 hours
and so on
First turn knob clockwise to "auto start" when you want this process to
begin every day and then simply turn back anti-clockwise to desired

setting
... and that's it.
I had to wait until today to find out.

Patrick

woops, I forgot to make sure it was the AC1... so maybe scratch all that.

patrick

Old 15-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie Nisbet
Buggered if I can remember how to work this. If I want it to water for
five minutes every now and then, do I go to Auto, then to 5? I couldn't
find any user guides on the hozelock website and my instructions went to
the great WPB in the sky a long time ago.

Dougie
Did you ever get this sorted? I stumbled across official Hozelock Instructions although not on their website. Follow this link. There are instructions for several models.
http://www.garden4less.co.uk/ac1+-ti...structions.asp
regards
jrsmk1