Old 25-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Jane Ransom

Default Pond

In article , Ian
writes
The tadpoles have died, the fish have died. When I switch the fountain on
white froth appears on the surface. Any ideas ?

What colour is the water?
How big is the pond?
How many fish did you have in it?
You say the fish and tadpoles have died - did you see the corpses ie are
you sure they died rather than were taken away or you can't see them any
more?

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 25-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Tumbleweed

"Ian" wrote in message
Thanks for all (almost all) of your answers. It's a smallish pond one of
those moulded ones put in last Summer to replace the old dirty one that

was
one of those liner ones. There are plenty of plants but no filter. Having
considered all the advice I think the best thing is to empty it out and
start again.
Many thanks
Ian

Another thought, have you been overfeeding the fish? best to use floating
food pellets so you can see when its been eaten, and if it hasnt, dont put
any more in.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address