Old 02-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Dave

Default Lonicera Baggens no longer gold....

I planted some small lonicera's about 5 years ago, and they transplanted
well 3 years ago, still a nice gold colour.

This spring for some reason about 6 plants, the larger of the batch,
have all turned green and show no signs of turning back to the previous
golden foliage. There are two small plants from the same batch that have
stayed golden. They are all in a row alongside the village lane.

The soil is very chalky, and I have done my usual trick of putting some
of my wood ash round the bases as I do with most shrubs (it spreads the
ash and makes some use of it). But I did that in previous years and the
leaves stayed the same.

Any ideas??
--
David