Old 26-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Joanne

Default Salvia Officinalis Tricolor

I've just read that salvia officinalis tricolor is hardy and stays
evergreen. I'm planning ahead for my winter containers, so can anyone
confirm if this sage is evergreen?

If so, does anyone know where I can get seeds for it? I've searched on the
internet and can't find the tricolor variety.

Thanks

Old 26-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Victoria Clare

"Joanne" wrote in
newsZGCc.134$QZ3.18@newsfe6-win:

If so, does anyone know where I can get seeds for it? I've searched
on the internet and can't find the tricolor variety.

I think it's usually cultivated from cuttings. You see it in multipacks at
supermarkets sometimes.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 02-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Dave Poole

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:13:41 +0100, Victoria Clare wrote:

I think it's usually cultivated from cuttings. You see it in multipacks at
supermarkets sometimes.

It is always propagated from cuttings, seeds from it invariably
produce the straight grey-green leaved form. Variegated plants rarely
come true from seed.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.