Old 27-06-2004, 06:39 PM
nambucca

Default Hedgehogs info please

Last year a Hedgehog made a nest at the base of one of my Bamboo plants and
had 3 babies but one day i found the nest disturbed and the 3 babies lying
dead

Now theres a new nest and i can see mum curled up at the mouth of it

Is there any way I can protect her without upsetting her ........still
trying to fathom what caused the problem last year

Rats? Fox ?

Old 27-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Eric Shune

"nambucca" wrote in message
Last year a Hedgehog made a nest at the base of one of my Bamboo plants

and
had 3 babies but one day i found the nest disturbed and the 3 babies lying
dead

Now theres a new nest and i can see mum curled up at the mouth of it

Is there any way I can protect her without upsetting her ........still
trying to fathom what caused the problem last year

Rats? Fox ?

you forgot..........humans..........

Old 27-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Sally Thompson

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:18:34 +0000 (UTC), "nambucca"
wrote:

Last year a Hedgehog made a nest at the base of one of my Bamboo plants and
had 3 babies but one day i found the nest disturbed and the 3 babies lying
dead

Now theres a new nest and i can see mum curled up at the mouth of it

Is there any way I can protect her without upsetting her ........still
trying to fathom what caused the problem last year

Rats? Fox ?

It could be badgers - they take out hedgehogs. You could perhaps
contact the British Hedgehog Preservation Society for advice:
http://www.software-technics.com/bhps
Address: Hedgehog House, Dhustone, Ludlow, SY8 3PL.
Phone: 01584-890801.

Email is , but their web site says,
oddly, *N.B. We have to send email enquiries by post so they take
about a week*, so you might be better off phoning.
HTH

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
bed and breakfast near Ludlow:
Old 27-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Bob Hobden

"nambucca" wrote in message
Last year a Hedgehog made a nest at the base of one of my Bamboo plants

and
had 3 babies but one day i found the nest disturbed and the 3 babies lying
dead

Now theres a new nest and i can see mum curled up at the mouth of it

Is there any way I can protect her without upsetting her ........still
trying to fathom what caused the problem last year

Rats? Fox ?

Probably Fox, may I suggest you contact St Tiggywinkles Animal Hospital

http://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/

Experts in all things Hedgehog who should be able to guide you.

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....