Old 28-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Ronald Green

Default Excessive Weeds

Hi there

I am looking after a large Estate which has a lot of Borders filled with
Shrubs. In March I dug and weeded each border thoroughly. Two of the borders
just fill up with weeks very quickly and can be described as "high
maintenance".

The weeds are tall ones, short ones, spreadable ones, prickly ones and of
course stinging nettles.

One of the borders measures 50metres by 20 metres. There are no flowers only
shrubs.

How can I convert these borders into "low maintenance"?

Thanks in anticipation....

Old 28-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Kay

In article , Ronald Green
writes
Hi there

I am looking after a large Estate which has a lot of Borders filled with
Shrubs. In March I dug and weeded each border thoroughly. Two of the borders
just fill up with weeks very quickly and can be described as "high
maintenance".

The weeds are tall ones, short ones, spreadable ones, prickly ones and of
course stinging nettles.

One of the borders measures 50metres by 20 metres. There are no flowers only
shrubs.

How can I convert these borders into "low maintenance"?

Plant more densely and be prepared to thin later on.

--
Kay

Old 28-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Stephen Howard

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:56:46 +0100, "Ronald Green"
wrote:

Hi there

I am looking after a large Estate which has a lot of Borders filled with
Shrubs. In March I dug and weeded each border thoroughly. Two of the borders
just fill up with weeks very quickly and can be described as "high
maintenance".

The weeds are tall ones, short ones, spreadable ones, prickly ones and of
course stinging nettles.

One of the borders measures 50metres by 20 metres. There are no flowers only
shrubs.

How can I convert these borders into "low maintenance"?

Kill the existing weeds - either by traditional weeding or with
weedkiller, then investigate the wonderful world of mulches...or go
for ground cover plants.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 28-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Just Molly

"Ronald Green" wrote in message
. ..
Hi there

I am looking after a large Estate which has a lot of Borders filled with
Shrubs. In March I dug and weeded each border thoroughly. Two of the

borders
just fill up with weeks very quickly and can be described as "high
maintenance".

The weeds are tall ones, short ones, spreadable ones, prickly ones and of
course stinging nettles.

One of the borders measures 50metres by 20 metres. There are no flowers

only
shrubs.

How can I convert these borders into "low maintenance"?

Thanks in anticipation....

In a word....mulch