Old 04-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Len

Default Hosta deterioration

Hello, I'm new to this group and wondered if you could provide me with a few
answers. I have a Hosta in my garden in Newcastle upon Tyne where the edges
of the leaves are browning, shrivelling up and riddled with half inch wide
holes. The plant is next to a fence and faces West which means it's in the
shade from mid-afternoon onwards. It thrived last year and grew to 48
inches across in the same location, although it was much hotter last Summer.
I've done nothing different this year from what I did last year. Thanks in
advance for your help.

Len
--
Len Rowe Photos
www.lenrowe.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Old 04-07-2004, 10:03 PM
David Hill

".......... the edges of the leaves are browning, shrivelling up and riddled
with half inch wide holes. ........."

I have a horrible feeling that if you lift it that you will find it has been
ravaged by Vine weevil.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 05-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Len

Thanks very much David, For your information, I will uproot the plant as
soon as possible, and check for signs of Vine weevil damage

Old 05-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Len

Thank you David for your Information, I will lift the plant as soon, as
possible and check for Vine Weevil damage
"David Hill" wrote in message
".......... the edges of the leaves are browning, shrivelling up and

riddled
with half inch wide holes. ........."

I have a horrible feeling that if you lift it that you will find it has

been
ravaged by Vine weevil.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Weird thing sprouted from my hosta thimblethumbs Gardening 1 08-03-2009 09:34 PM
What's causing the brown edges on my hosta plant? - Hosta leaf brown edge 01.jpg (0/1) Big Time Gardening 18 14-06-2004 12:03 AM
What's causing the brown edges on my hosta plant? - Hosta leaf brown edge 01.jpg (1/1) Big Time Gardening 6 11-06-2004 02:02 AM
Hosta-bilities... Kathie Gardening 2 15-07-2003 02:32 PM
Hosta -- Hail Damage TYbarmea Gardening 3 03-05-2003 09:08 PM