Old 07-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Alan Gould

Default Bad weather?

In article , Mike
writes
Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but sunny and windy here
on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Fine warm and sunny all day Wed., but turning overcast and gusty this
evening. Very bad weather forecast for tomorrow.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:07 AM
David Hill

I think that the high hedges I now have must have been working.
I was planting out till almost 8pm, then the first light shower of rain.
Whilst it is windy around, out the field where I was planting it was not
bad.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 08-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Sacha

On 7/7/04 11:45 pm, in article , "David
Hill" wrote:

I think that the high hedges I now have must have been working.
I was planting out till almost 8pm, then the first light shower of rain.
Whilst it is windy around, out the field where I was planting it was not
bad.

Rain but much less wind now. At about 8 this evening the wind was strong
and there's quite a lot of minor debris in the lanes. Now, at 1252am, it's
raining steadily but the wind has gone down and the barometer is steady.

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)

Old 08-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Alan Gould
writes
What have you got and where are you?

Fine warm and sunny all day Wed., but turning overcast and gusty this
evening. Very bad weather forecast for tomorrow.

Blustery gales and heavy rain early Thurs. morning.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Franz Heymann

Top end of Wensleydale.
The wind has been getting rougher very slowly during the say. Thick
clouds keep blowing over, but no rain yet at 20.30.

Franz

Old 08-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Sacha

On 8/7/04 5:17 am, in article , "Alan
Gould" wrote:

In article , Alan Gould
writes
What have you got and where are you?

Fine warm and sunny all day Wed., but turning overcast and gusty this
evening. Very bad weather forecast for tomorrow.

Blustery gales and heavy rain early Thurs. morning.

The wind has slackened and the rain has stopped - for the moment. The
biggest lawn is covered in debris, though and a silver birch knocked down by
the last lot of gales has mysteriously been lifted up and turned around to
lie the other way. As we're going to the Isles of Scilly tomorrow on a
helicopter, my fingers, toes and eyes are firmly crossed for better weather!

Old 08-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

The wind has slackened and the rain has stopped - for the moment. The
biggest lawn is covered in debris, though and a silver birch knocked down by
the last lot of gales has mysteriously been lifted up and turned around to
lie the other way. As we're going to the Isles of Scilly tomorrow on a
helicopter, my fingers, toes and eyes are firmly crossed for better weather!

I'd ring ahead tomorrow to check if they intend to fly , Sacha. I can
see them approaching/leaving the helipad here and it takes surprisingly
little wind to stop them flying. Hope you get there okay.

Two days of lovely sunshine in Arran.

Janet.