Old 07-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Mike

Default Bad weather?

Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but sunny and windy here
on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Mike

--
British Pacific Fleet Reunion Birmingham September 17th - 20th
H.M.S.Collingwood Assoc. Mini Reunion Weekend at Coventry Sept 24th - 27th

Old 07-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Klara

In message , Mike
writes
Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but sunny and windy
here on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Sunny here so far, and not all that windy - but it sounds as if the
English Opera picked a bad night for their performance in Trafalgar
Square - especially as umbrellas are apparently not allowed!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 07-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Just Molly

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , Mike
writes
Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but sunny and windy
here on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Sunny here so far, and not all that windy - but it sounds as if the
English Opera picked a bad night for their performance in Trafalgar
Square - especially as umbrellas are apparently not allowed!

Sunny here in north Cambs, but fairly breezy. Nice for drying washing and
blowing the husks off the parrot seed pots :0)

Old 07-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Kate Morgan

Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but sunny and windy
here on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Sunny here so far, and not all that windy - but it sounds as if the
English Opera picked a bad night for their performance in Trafalgar
Square - especially as umbrellas are apparently not allowed!

warm and very windy here, my tumbling toms have taken a battering and I
have taken some of them down until the wind eases, several pots blown
over too, on the plus side the washing is drying really well :-)no rain
yet but expected

kate
South Gloucestershire
Old 07-07-2004, 01:03 PM
twig

"Just Molly" wrote in message

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , Mike
writes
Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but sunny and windy
here on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Sunny here so far, and not all that windy - but it sounds as if the
English Opera picked a bad night for their performance in Trafalgar
Square - especially as umbrellas are apparently not allowed!

Sunny here in north Cambs, but fairly breezy. Nice for drying washing and
blowing the husks off the parrot seed pots :0)

12.50pm
breezy- wind`s been picking up all morning , the willow is dancing nicely

clouds forming nicely - still light and not dense , still a little blue sky
behind it

Dunstable by the way

twiglet

Old 07-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Tom Bennett

"Mike" wrote Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but
sunny and windy here
on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Bright morning with strong sunshine. Warm, at 23C. Easterly wind has
grown progressively stronger. Now approaching "strong". Likely gale
force by teatime, here.

Cloud increasing from the south. Indications of heavy rain by 16.00 -
lasting well into the night. Up to 2" in possible over a wide area,
according to the UK Met. Office (would be very welcome to me, ATM)

Most unusual for July, down here, but potentially *very* damaging to
summer gardens.

I've great sympathy to anyone with an outdoor event but I think the
Hampton Court Palace Flower Show might be in for a battering.

Tom.
Blackmore, SW Essex.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Stan The Man

Very strong gusts of wind in Berkshire (Reading) with trees down on the
main A4 trunk road and most of my containers on their side. Half an
hour ago I was parked alongside a new £73000 Jaguar XKR at the local
Jag dealership and the wind whipped my door out of my hand causing
maybe £1000 of damage to the shiny new car next to me. Glazed kitchen
door has just burst open, even though it was properly shut, breaking
the glass therein. Tiles are flying off the roof. No rain but very
humid. Armageddon?

Simon
Old 07-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Mike

www.nsrafa.com
"Mike" wrote in message
Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but sunny and windy

here
on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Mike

Rain now hit the Isle of Wight.

Blowing v hard.

Washing almost dried between noonish and 2.00pm. Now fetched in and
finishing in tumbler.

Raining quite heavily @ 2.30pm

Old 07-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Jackie Whitehouse

"Mike" wrote in message

www.nsrafa.com
"Mike" wrote in message
Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but sunny and windy

here
on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Mike

Rain now hit the Isle of Wight.

Blowing v hard.

Washing almost dried between noonish and 2.00pm. Now fetched in and
finishing in tumbler.

Raining quite heavily @ 2.30pm

2.30pm in Ilkeston,Derbyshire,sunny but gusty winds (outside not me ;p) no

rain yet!

Old 07-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Just Molly

"twig" wrote in message

"Just Molly" wrote in message

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , Mike
writes
Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but sunny and

windy
here on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Sunny here so far, and not all that windy - but it sounds as if the
English Opera picked a bad night for their performance in Trafalgar
Square - especially as umbrellas are apparently not allowed!

Sunny here in north Cambs, but fairly breezy. Nice for drying washing

and
blowing the husks off the parrot seed pots :0)

12.50pm
breezy- wind`s been picking up all morning , the willow is dancing nicely

clouds forming nicely - still light and not dense , still a little blue

sky
behind it

Dunstable by the way

north cambs update.1500hrs. Overcast, still windy but the wind is on the
cool side now. Brrrr.

Old 07-07-2004, 05:04 PM
kenty ;-\)

its been a nice sunny day with some cloud,very warm & humid,getting a bit
windy now from the east.

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

"Jackie Whitehouse" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

www.nsrafa.com

Old 07-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Mike

"kenty ;-)" wrote in message
its been a nice sunny day with some cloud,very warm & humid,getting a bit
windy now from the east.

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

Rain stopped. Been out to post some letters. Warm. Still a bit windy but not
tooooooooo bad. 4.45 Isle of Wight

Old 07-07-2004, 05:04 PM
twig

"twig" wrote in message

"Just Molly" wrote in message

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , Mike
writes
Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but sunny and

windy
here on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Sunny here so far, and not all that windy - but it sounds as if the
English Opera picked a bad night for their performance in Trafalgar
Square - especially as umbrellas are apparently not allowed!

Sunny here in north Cambs, but fairly breezy. Nice for drying washing

and
blowing the husks off the parrot seed pots :0)

12.50pm
breezy- wind`s been picking up all morning , the willow is dancing nicely

clouds forming nicely - still light and not dense , still a little blue

sky
behind it

Dunstable by the way

twiglet

5.00pm
gusty
rain - light

birds able to feed atm

according to local radio news there have been 50 trees blown down already in
hertfordshire
so some roads blocked

also several accidents in bucks area

twiglet

Old 07-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Kate Morgan

18.41pm been without electricity for about 3 hours,very very windy trees
down and branches whizzing thro the air,a fair bit of damage in the
garden.Rain has just started and I`m off to find the candles as more
power cuts are the norm for us on the edge of the Forest of Dean

kate