Old 22-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Snail and slug killer/birds + PS Ants.

In article , john.morgan john.morgan@atEx
pungebetweencapSaraxie.fr writes
Can I respectfully suggest that your 'bird book' is not up
to the same standards as an internationally accepted,
ornithological handbook ;-)

I have to admit, I have had it a long time

when
it's so much easier to drop into McD's :-))

You'd prefer a McD's would you????
Have you *no* standards !!!!! ))))
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 22-07-2004, 10:03 AM
John Morgan

Peter wrote in message

Concerning the sparrows vs blackbird situation, some while
ago I was amazed to see a small sparrow which had been
bathing in the birdbath, pause to see off a male blackbird
which wanted to get in..... perhaps we have sparrows that
are more confident than usual.

Still lots to learn about inter-species relationships in
birds. It may have been down to the fact that the sparrow
was well within its home range (and therefore pretty cocky!)
while the Blackbird was without a territory (wandering
juvenile just been kicked out by the parents)