Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Alan Holmes

Default Blackfly?

Earlier in the year I planted some broad beans, have never planted
them before, and as they were a bit of a disappointment I'll
probably never plant them again.

Had heard about problems with blackfly but the broad beans
seemed to develop without any problems, but at the last minute
blackfly did appear, I sprayed the beans with soapy water and
that seemed to solve the problem, the beans have now been
taken up as the crop was picked, but:-

I've been away for about 18 days and on my return the runner beans
and some other things were being attacked including the camellias,
SWMBO has suggested that it is a common problem this year.

I'm very concerned about the runner beans, I was going to spray them
with a soapy mixture, but is there any other solution?

Alan

Blackfly Ron United Kingdom 1 25-06-2003 08:28 PM
Blackfly Ron United Kingdom 1 23-06-2003 09:56 PM
Rhubarb and blackfly. Ron United Kingdom 5 19-06-2003 07:56 AM
Greenfly, Blackfly Kay Easton United Kingdom 0 28-04-2003 09:56 AM
Blackfly/greenfly cure geoff United Kingdom 0 12-04-2003 01:56 PM